Monday 18 February 2008

Big News!

I really am rubbish at updating. I can only ever feel bad for that, but seeing as I've had a pretty decent reason, TOUGH.

Anyway...
See the title? Yes, that thing up there. It means I have news. On Thursday, I spent £25 and 3 hours travelling for so that I could spend more money. I have a yummy new laptop. I love it more than I should, but oh well. It means I can play The Sims 2 properly (I've never been able to before) so I've spent part of the last 2 days playing. I'll also be getting Spider-Man 3 on Blu-Ray disk in the next few days. The laptop has a Blu-Ray player built in so the nice people at Sony are sending me a free film to play on it.

Yay!

I got back to uni on Friday afternoon, just in time for Brownie's party. I couldn't decide at first whether to dress up as Jasmine from Aladdin, or a ladybird, but then I decided to go with Jasmine because everyone else was dressed as characters. I'm glad I chose that one. It took a few drinks before I was feeling brave enough to wear it, but by the end of the night I was definitely drunk. The sight of Jasmine, Little Red Riding Hood, Ariel, Snow White and Batman Walking down the road must have been slightly surreal. Most people bowed out before the end, but I was one of the 4 who made it to 4am at Sin City. Drinking cocktails for hours, followed by Tinto, then double Jagerbulls would have put a lot of people on the floor, but luckily I wasn't too bad. I like being able to handle my drink. On the way home I decided to polish off an onion bahji, garlic bread and a portion of chips. This is most unlike me. I can only blame the alcohol. While at the takeaway, I realised I'd left my keys at home so I stayed at Powell's house. The night ended at 5am with 4 people collapsing drunk in 2 single beds, glasses of water being knocked on the floor, and about 90 glowsticks being thrown in various places. I got home at 12.30 on Saturday, amazingly hangover free.

After the stress of coursework and all of the laptop problems, I really had fun. I'd been looking forward to it for ages, and it didn't disappoint. Spending a night with my friends, in my favourite club, listening to my favourite music was exactly what I needed.

Socks: One blue with rainbows, one grey with multicoloured spots.
Music: Air - Sexy Boy

No comments: