Monday 11 February 2008

Looking Back...Musically

I'm really missing my music. Having no laptop for a while is bad enough, but being unable to listen to most of my music collection at the moment isn't helping. To be honest, it's making me miserable. I've just been thinking about all the live music I've now seen. Moving away from home is one of the best things I've ever done. Even though I'm not where I wanted to be, I'm still a lot better off than I was, and I'm thankful for that.

Bands I've Seen (inc. supports, festivals & club nights where I can remember)...
Arcade Fire
Au Revoir Simone
Billy Talent
BRMC
Bloc Party
Blood Red Shoes (4)
Boy Least Likely To
CSS
Crystal Castles
Delays
Elle Milano
Fall Out Boy
Funeral For A Friend
Gym Class Heroes
Hellogoodbye
Jimmy Eat World
Kanye West
Kings Of Leon (2)
Klaxons (2)
Lostprophets (2)
Mates Of State
Maximo Park
Mika
New Young Pony Club
Paramore (2)
Pendulum (2)
Razorlight
Red Hot Chili Peppers (awful)
Reel Big Fish
Shy Child
Switches
The Automatic (2)
The Dead 60s
The Gossip
The Killers
The Like (worse than awful)
The Little Ones
The Pigeon Detectives
The Stills
The Subways (2)
The Sunshine Underground (2)
The Wallbirds
The Wombats (2)
We Are Scientists (2)

...and there's actually more than that. I can't remember many of the club night bands, or some of the supports. I've seen Nine Inch Nails too, but I didn't bother counting it because it was just the one song. Seeing as all of those 59 have been in the past 17 months, I'm quite pleased with my list. There's still 3 more I'd love to add to the list though...Air Traffic, Muse and The Strokes. I can't see any of them happening any time soon, but I've got a few more booked and a ticket to Reading again this year so that number is going to shoot up again by the end of 2008. I've missed out on seeing Air Traffic 4 times now, but hopefully they'll be on the list by this time next year.

Today's post was brought to you with the help of... last.fm, a borrowed laptop, insomnia and Amie's new colourful spotty socks.
Music was helpfully provided by Los Campesinos! (add them to the "I want" list too)

No comments: