Wednesday 27 February 2008

"Oh My God! They match!" - Laura

I rebelled against myself and wore a matching pair of socks. To be honest I was just being lazy. They were a brand new pair, so I took them out the packet and put them straight on. I couldn't be bothered to find another sock when I had brand new ones in my hand.

Last Friday night was my Law Society Networking Dinner. It was more than just a chance to dress up in anything vaguely resembling black tie. It was a chance to freely talk to working lawyers about their paths into a legal career, discover their opinions on key legal issues and for some people, try to get noticed by the right people. Every table had a different legal guest per course, but unfortunately I got mostly Barristers. It wasn't an ideal situation for a table full of future solicitors, but we made the most of it. It was still interesting night. Finding out about the legal professions from those who we were training to one day replace was a good insight into our potential futures. I had been thinking about giving up on law after uni, but it's reignited my desire to become a solicitor. I think I'll always want to become a music journalist more, but for now I'm happy with the path I'm taking. The best bit of the night was the amount of new people I met. Everyone was placed on tables, so I spent several hours with a mix of students from all 3 years. I'd never met any of them before. I also met some of Becky's friends, and friends of friends etc. I ended the night in a cocktail dress and heels with a group of girls I'd never met before, at a rock club. I think that only 2 of them had ever met before that night. It was quite surreal, but the whole night was well worth the £35 ticket. The food was really good too :D

Last night was quite strange too. It started with the idea of a girls trip to the pub. Kayleigh, Brownie and me set off to the Bryn. We hadn't realised that there was a Swansea football match being televised on Sky Sports, so the place was packed. We couldn't get a table, so the three of us decided to stand near the pool tables, in the last little bit of space we could get and talk to randomers. By the end of the night, we'd had a bottle of wine each, and a butterscotch shot (yummy!). The influence of alcohol meant that the three of us headed to Jaks for the roller disco. We didn't get to skate. We hadn't been there too long when Brownie decided that she was too drunk and needed to go home. By morning, she'd nicked 3/4 of my chips despite refusing to eat anything and I'd had to sleep in her bed after the words "GET IN MY BED! NOOOOOOW!" had been screamed at me.

I don't think anyone's ever done that to me before.

Socks : Brand new rainbow ones
Song: The Academy Is... - LAX To O'Hare

No comments: